Our Cookies Policy To You
Cookies are small files placed onto your computer by certain websites that you visit or e-mails that you open.
The personal data that we collect may include information about the way you use our website, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you’re accessing our website from and where you are in the world.
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device, you can control this through your browser’s settings. Refer to the links below for each browser’s guide on how to turn off or delete cookies.
You’ll find more information on behavioural advertising and about deleting or controlling cookies at:
- If you’re in the EU: aboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu
- If you’re in the US: networkadvertising.org and aboutads.info
Cookies allow our website to function at its most efficient, including but not limited to:
- Balancing website traffic to ensure all our users can enjoy consistent and reliable access
- Limiting traffic to key sections of our website to maintain consistent performance
Ease of use
Cookies make navigating our website easier for you, including but not limited to:
- Remembering your language and country preferences, and presenting relevant content
- Keeping track of your CyberPass membership number when you’ve logged in
- Providing the most relevant departure airports for your location when you’re booking a flight
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how you navigate and perform transactions on our website, including but not limited to:
- Gathering feedback on your satisfaction through surveys
- Gaining insights into how you navigate and perform transactions on our website so that improvements can be made
Many web browsers provide a Do Not Track function that can release Do Not Track requests to websites. Currently, major Internet standardization organizations have not established policies to specify how websites should handle these requests. If you enable Do Not Track in your browser, all Variantz websites will respect your selection.
Cookies allow us to present appropriate marketing messages to you, including but not limited to:
- Allowing our website to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes
- Allowing third parties to display appropriate advertising to track its effectiveness
- Displaying relevant messages which offer a selection of products based on your viewing behaviour on our website and certain other websites
Online behavioral advertising
Online behavioural advertising is also known as interest-based advertising. It’s a way of serving advertisements that are more relevant to your interests on websites visited by you. Shared interests are grouped together based on your previous web browsing activity. This allows us to display advertising that is relevant and useful to you. Advertising can also be delivered to you based on the website content you’ve just been viewing. This is called retargeting.
A clickstream records which parts of a website you click on when you use it. We may collect clickstream data when you use our website and track referrals from other websites to improve your online experience with us. This data will not be stored as part of your customer record, and will only be used to statistical analyses.
Types of cookies we use
The table below sets out the most frequently used cookies used on our website.